Thursday, February 11, 2010

wishes and thanx

In my head....
today i was composing a list of wishes...  Things that's be nice.. Things many of us wish for.  Then I decided to counter that.  and composed a list of things I'm greatful for...


wanna hear?  (disclaimer - these thoughts are in no particular order...)

I wish I didn't have to clean the house...do the laundry...clean the cat litter...I wish I were a few pounds lighter...I excercised more...played outside more...I wish my etsy shop sold a few more products in a week...in a month...in a year.... I wish we had more money...were better with our money...went on more vacations...went out to dinner more....I wish I had more self-confidence...I wish I was more patient with my kids... with my work... with my partner....I wish we didn't need to buy a new car....make that next mortgage payment...I wish my kids slept through the night...took themselves to the bathroom....I wish we spent more time with the grandparents...the aunts and uncles....the cousins...I wish I was a better listener...communicator....friend....I wish I enjoyed cooking more....housework more...spending less....I wish I didn't need glasses....I wish it weren't winter...that my daughter didn't have her umpteenth cold this year....I wish the house didn't need repairs....upgrades.....redecorating....I wish I played more board games...spent less time on the computer (!!)..less time on the phone....I wish I spent more time playing with my kids...petting the cats...looking at the stars...


I'm thankful that C is my partner in life...that D and B are such wonderful children...I'm thankful for the health of my partner and my children...and myself...I'm thankful that I have a nice house, with space for all...I'm thankful that I have a car....that I have the skills and interest to do my own household repairs and redecorations...I'm thankful for this time at home with my children...for a partner supportive of my interests and my craft....I'm thankful for amazing friends that are wonderful listeners...and communicators....thankful for a wonderful community...thankful that I live in a country and city that accepts my love for my partner and allows us to raise a family without question or prejudice...I'm thankful that my children are happy...have opportunities for growth and learning...I'm thankful for sledding and snow and winter sports....I'm thankful for my singing voice...my dreaming sleep...I'm thankful for new technology that allows me to find old friends....and old wisdom that allows me to care for new family...I'm thankful for the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and the time we do have together...thankful for the money and belongings we do have....good food on the table...I'm thankful for time to pursue my own interests....i'm thankful for a life that allows me to wish for more in an off-hand sort of way, rather than a life-depends-on-it sort of way.

1 comment:

  1. Lots to think about here. Thank you!

    I've finished knitting your square. You can see it at Flickr. I'll blog it today or tomorrow when I have a chance to write....

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaneramos/

    ReplyDelete